|Real Name||Yamanaka Ryoko|
|Areas of Expertise||Body Snatching, Illusions, Espionage, Arachnids, Song & Dance|
|Ninja Registration||Listed as 'Deceased'|
|Sister||Yamanaka Riku (Deceased)|
|Heart Stopping Vision|
“Love is something far more than desire for sexual intercourse; it is the principal means of escape from the loneliness which afflicts most men and women throughout the greater part of their lives.” -Bertrand Russel
- What You Know:
Datura is a slim girl with a mysterious past that she doesn't often share with anyone around her. Rumors persist, many that she herself may have spread, that she's learned all of her jutsu from ninja she seduced into teaching her, only to turn on and murder them once she had learned what she could. The only thing known for sure of the blonde (or is she a brunette? redhead?) is that she's named herself after a poisonous, hallucinogenic plant, and that she received training in both Genjutsu and Ninjutsu from somewhere.
- What You Don't Know:
Datura's real name is Yamanaka Ryoko, and she originally comes from Konohagakure, where she was a chuunin, after performing her duties adequately within the Clan Wars. Ryoko, however, had always been a bad seed, torturing the other children she trained with with horrific visions via her use of Genjutsu. As she got older, the regulations became more plentiful, as well as the punishments harsher, until she eventually murdered her older sister, making the villagers believe it was she herself who had died, thus earning her 'freedom'. She now travels about, doing work for the Tao Shih.
More recently, Datura has managed to create an alternate identity for herself, that of the 'Lady Ryoko'. She moonlights as a famous dancer and singer, with her career having gotten its start due to the resources and aid of the Tao Shih. She used her fame, and genjutsu, to ingratiate herself into the court of Takahiro Shuichi, the Grass Daimyo. Working her wiles over on him, the young starlet had him killed after gaining his trust, fomenting a near-civil war and setting in motion events to put a puppet on the throne. She now de facto rules the Land of Grass.
Datura presently seeks a means of resurrecting the sister she murdered.
Datura struggles with her inner nature, trying to understand the intricacies of her own personality. A lot has changed, and she now seeks to understand the reasons behind her murderous impulses. This is in part due to the compassion shown her by her previously uncared-for comrades and the lingering emotional presence of her older sibling remaining inside of her. Having been given a second chance that she is determined not to waste, the young woman has begun to move away from her petty life of spur-of-the-moment whims and towards finding a more permanent goal for herself.
Datura is still not a nice girl.
|Amuro||AKA 'Amu-kun'. I don't understand him or what he's trying to do, but I'm going to find out. I'm going to make him show me everything. He isn't the man I thought he was, but I still don't know what kind of man he really is. This is going to change.|
|Seishino Kanami||AKA 'Koibito'. I'm not sure when it happened. I thought of love as stupid, foolish, and weak. A tool to be used, not a passion to succumb to. I still do. My sister loved me and look how that turned out for her. But I don't think I can help it, the heart won't be reasoned with. She still talk about plays a lot. But I think she was on to something when she said a story is best told when it has more than one character. Maybe this will be our story.|
|Kishi Mune||AKA 'Mu-mu-chan'. She did exactly what I thought she would do: run right to her employer. She even told him everything. And I'm pretty sure she hates me. I don't know why that bothers me, why I don't want her to see me that way. She's not exactly the person I thought she was, either. Maybe I should make more of an effort.|
|Tomoyo||AKA 'Airhead-chan'. She's not smart, she's entirely devoted to her 'papa', and she's not even all that useful in any situation. Ever. I do feel just a little bad for snubbing her. And leaving her with the entire bill of my entourage that time. Twice. But maybe I should do something about that, teach her a little about the reality of this world we live in. It might be kind of nice to have another girlfriend around.|
|Shinji||AKA 'Shinshun'. Okay, so yeah, he's still the big dum doofy-doof I always knew he was. I guess that's not a bad thing. I kind of thought he was just stone cold, professional killer, and I'm not really sure which face I'd prefer. But maybe he can stay around for a little while. He's clearly got a crush on one of the girls, though. If it's my koibito, I'll castrate him.|
|Akuu Goh||AKA 'Lizard Man'. This guy's a serious mental case. What kind of guy jumps into someone else's camp, starts claiming they're thieves, and then states that he's going to steal from them? Sure, he was right, we were totally the original thieves, but that just reeks of 'dumbass'. How the hell do you just give up the element of surprise like that and jump in screaming out your intentions? Then again, I think he was from Konoha, so yeah, that explains a bunch. They don't raise them smart over there.|
|Jurougumo||None||AKA: The Spider Queen. Do I still want to kill Jurougumo? Well… yes. A part of me realizes that with Nefura on Fukaizan's throne I'd have much greater pull with my arachnid allies, and access to even greater resources. Another part of me just likes the idea of being able to hurt and destroy something so beautiful and powerful. Before I even begin to go down that road, though, I should make sure I have everything from her that I could possibly need.|
|Nefura||None||AKA: The Spider Princess. I used Nefura. I used my friendship with her to get what I wanted: a cure. I never had any intention of thanking her, certainly not of paying her back. I was only worried about myself. I even want to kill her mother and place her in Jurougumo's place. But for some reason the thought of using my Nef-chan in that way makes a pit in my stomach. Somewhere along the way, I think I stopped pretending to be her friend and actually want to be one now.|
|Temezayouji||None||AKA: The Treacherous Child. As beautiful as his natural form is, I'm often reminded of the need to not turn my back on this little savage. He has a craving of human flesh, which certainly suits my needs, but I don't like the way he looks at me when he thinks I'm not watching. I have no doubts that he would strip a few pieces of meat from even my bones if he thinks he could get away with it, but it's that very conniving hunger that makes him so useful.|
|Rigumo & Digumo||None||AKA: The Black Widow Twins. A pair of dangerously beautiful arachnids. I can't quite decide whether I like them in their disguised or natural forms better, but either way I like having them around. They're utterly loyal to their master, so I'll have to watch my step around them, but I like to think I have a special repoire with one of them. I wonder what it would take to turn her allegiance from Jurougumo to me. No matter what it is, I think the price would be worth it.|
|Yamanaka Riku||None||AKA: Nee-chan. My sister is still with me. I had figured she would have been destroyed or sealed away along with the infection. When it was hurled away from me, I thought that would be the last of it. But she is with me still. She whispers in my ear, caresses my dreams, urges my conscience. I don't like it. But I don't want her to go, either. …I'm so sorry, Nee-chan.|
- "You just don't know how much fun it is. You gotta try this lady. I don't even care who's here and who sees, I'm tempted to ask for the happy ending, because her fingers are just that good."
- "Isn't duty just another word for slavery?"
- "Have no one to protect, don't have kids, and don't believe in love. There's no reason a girl can't do whatever the hell she wants, so long as she's prepared herself for the consequenAHHHHNS!"
- "And if all the world's a stage, as you say, then I'd have to insist that I'm the star. I don't take a back role to anyone."
- "All this humidity is making me sleepy. And wilty."
- "Tch, wherever we go after this needs to have a masseuse. I need a scalp massage before I can find my center anymore."
- "…Fuckin' hate dogs."
- "I think… we found the place where bad dreams come to die."
- "This has to be an illusion. If it's not… Then it's revenge, then. Or I'm already dead. And my punishment is to spend all of eternity with you."
- "All this running isn't good for my skin."
- "Wait, is that thing real? Amuro-kun? I can't tell. It's not the real one, is it? I bet it's not the real one. It doesn't look like the real one. …Is it the real one?"
- Heart Stopping Vision
- Horrified Hesitation
- Mind Body Entrapment Tag
- Mind Body Switch
- Mind Repulsion Seal
- Evil Finds You
- Genjutsu Kai
- Mind Body Espionage
- Mind Body Memory Clone
- Mind Body Switch II
- Misfortune Revealed
- Mind Body Disturbance
- Mind Body Resistance
- Dodge II
- Genjutsu Link
- Spider Mirror
- Venomous Bite
- Distance Distortion
- Swarm Ensnaring Illusion
- Web Snare
- Inescapable Massacre Technique
- Undying Vigilant Defense
- Web Snare
- Plague Eating Kiss
- Uncanny Impulse Evasion
- Dual Hundred Razor Circle
- Spider Sense
- Toxic Mega Dose
- Life Giver's Charge
- Web of Steel
- Inhuman Mind
Broken Memories Pt. 1 - A Simple Meeting
Broken Memories Pt. 1 - Welcome to the Jungle
Broken Memories Pt. 1 - The Second Tower
Broken Memories Pt. 1 - A Failure To Communicate
Broken Memories Pt. 1 - Finale: Goh's Deception! Salamander Prison!
Broken Memories Pt. 2 - Where Bad Dreams Come To Die
Broken Memories Pt. 2 - Life Insurance
The Spider Queen, Part 1 - The Lady Spinner
The Spider Queen, Part 2 - The Spider Princess
The Spider Queen, Part 3 - How To Get A Guy
The Spider Queen, Part 4 - Unexpected Arrivals
The Spider Queen, Part 5 - Just Reward
Infection - Only Glass
Infection - The Mangled Spider
Broken Memories Pt. 2 - No Rest For The Wicked
Infection - Promises In The Night
Infection - The Spider Returns
First World Ninja Competition - Banquet Of Champions
Infection - Old Friends
Infection - Appeals of Compassion
- NMR Babies 2
- Tao Shih OOC 1
- Tao Shih OOC 2
The Conquest Counter: 6
-Kanami (The First, Koibito)
-Unnamed Stage Hand
- (LIFE) Getting Away With Murder by Papa Roach - I picked this one because it suits Datura and the life she leads, one of careless murder and mindless self-indulgence. Also the capriciousness and psychosis implied in the lyrics are highly fitting.
- (ENJOYMENT) Keep on Movin' by DJ Boyler - I feel that this one captures perfectly how Datura sees her pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness: as a large party with her as it's epicenter. Not much else to say about it, other than that it's totally techno dance, so listen at your own peril.
- (MOTIF) Angel of Darkness by Alex C - This one doesn't quite fit, as it's more suited for the dark heroine type, but there's a few lines that I think fit her well. Notably 'The dreams are gone/Midnight has come/The darkness is our new kingdom' and 'Now realize/The stars they die/Darkness has fallen in paradise'
- (TEMPERMENT) Gasoline by Porcelain and the Tramps - This one's a no-brainer. Even 'close' friends of Datura are susceptible to murder attempts if they tick her off, and seemingly innocuous things that wouldn't bother a normal person can send her over the edge into homicide rather quickly. If I had to pick out of them all, this would be Datura's top pick for themesong.
- (OUTLOOK) King of the World by Porcelain and the Tramps - Another one by Porcelain and the Tramps, it also fits her to a T due to the vanity and self-importance portrayed by the singer, and the anger shown when people don't listen to her, as well as the heavily-implied psychotic aspects. Listen to it, and you'll know what I mean by 'psychotic' when you hear the second 'Do not test me.' Warning: Excessive usage of the F-word.
- (MY KOIBITO) In Your Eyes by Kylie Minogue - No, it's not a cheesy love song. It's actually a rather apt, if down and dirty, depiction of how Datura chose, or was ensnared by, her 'koibito', which is a more endearing term for 'lover' than the previously-used 'aijin', if you didn't know. She's a lot choosier than some people might think!
- (DATURA-CHAN DON'T LISTEN) Shut Up by Kelly Osbourne - Song has a lot going for it; it's funny, it's catchy, and it totally fits the way Datura feels when Kanami begins one of her long-winded speeches or stories. The only other thing to say is that you might not be able to get it out of your head for a few hours after listening.
- (RELATIONSHIP (Kanami)) All About You by April Start - This one really stands out as an obvious choice from Kanami's point of view. Their tentative relationship focuses almost entirely around Datura's wants and needs, and it's only natural that this doesn't sit well with Kanami. I think this song covers that perfectly, even if it does have a bit too much girl pop in it.
- (RELATIONSHIP (Datura)) Ooh Lalala by E-Rotic - Another about the relationship, though it's more techno dance than song, this time from Datura's point of view. In spite of, or maybe because of, the provacative name of the band, it covers how Datura views their interactions rather well, namely that everything's fine and they're just a pair of gals having the time of their lives.
- (GRAND PLAN) End of All Hope by Nightwish - It just fits his public, and maybe his private, image on so many levels I can't even quite describe it. You'll just have to know him and listen to the song to see what I mean. But things like 'Angels, they fell first/But I'm still here/And on this day/They are drawing near/In Heaven my masterpiece/Will finally be sung' are lyrics that I would totally attribute to the Tao Shih leader.
- (EYES ON DATURA) You're Gonna Go Far, Kid by The Offspring - It's highly doubtful that Fuu holds any affection for the volatile blonde under his command, but it's his appreciation for her manipulatory powers that makes him keep her around. And that's pretty much what this song is all about. Warning: proficient use of the F-word.
- (FACADE) Maneater by Nelly Furtado - The song really fits Datura a lot better than it does Mune, but I don't know any 'mad science' songs I can stick here for her. But while the lyrics are way off, the name of the song is rather apt, as Mune is one sick puppy.
- (THE GROUP) Wishmaster by Nightwish - Master = Fuu, Apprentice = Tomoyo, Heartborne = Datura, Seventh Seeker = Kanami, Warrior = …We don't have one yet, and Disciple = Mune. I think that covers everyone. Anyway, it's a great song, and, if taken liberally, I think it describes the group rather well. Of course, you'd have to know the entire group for it to do so.
- (NOW THE LADIES) Sexy, Naughty, Bitchy by Tata Young - Okay, this doesn't quite fit Kanami and Mune's typical behaviour, but it is a group comprised mostly of women, all of whom do bad things to good people without a second thought. It's straight girl pop, it's fun, light-hearted, and fits the women of the group when they're plotting, but not actually doing, Bad Things (tm).
"Please come again."
Click here to go back
|Villages||Konohagakure - Sunagakure - Kirigakure - Kumogakure - Iwagakure - Other|
|Countries||Land of Fire - Land of Wind - Land of Water - Land of Lightning - Land of Earth - Other|
|Other||Characters - Jutsu - Narutography - Diplomacy - Factions|
|Misc.||News Files - Mission Logs - Upload Files - Contact Us - Sandbox - Category List - Template List|