Building Block Bandits


Rockpath (emitter), Kyuketsuki, Zori, Jade

Date: March 14, 2015


The bandits in the Land of Fire have been trying to (and some even finding success) steal the supplies meant to help rebuild the Land of Fire’s capital. A team of genin have been assigned to guard a new shipment.

Poster's note: foul language filtered in obvious places.

"Building Block Bandits"

Land of Fire

Within the Land of Fire, the capital is being rebuilt. Carpenters have been sent in from all over, as well as workers and supplies. However, not all of them have managed to reach the destination, and word has spread about how the trails are extremely dangerous to be on with all the people who want to stop the shipments. As such, a group has hired shinobi to act as bodyguards. Letters were sent out to those available, and the group was to meet at the gates to hear the debriefing and meet up. At the village gates would be a large caravan and three rather large men, as well as a single woman. They all seem impatient to be off as they wait for their guards.

Kyu is the first one on the scene, he seems to drop from the sky and land in front of the impatient people and stand straight and tall before bowing to them, "Sorry for making you wait, the others should be here shortly." Kyu looks around at the caravan, trying to gauge how difficult this might be to defend and such. He would then look at them again, whether or not the others are there already and ask, "What exactly is the route we will be taking, and what should we expect, worst case scenario?" Kyu shifts his weight onto his other leg, not impatiently, just shifting his weight.

Zori gets the letter that was sent out to him, upon reading it he shouts "They need bodyguards. Hehe they got the right person for the job then". Zori grabs his backpack heading out of his house. Arriving at the front of the gate, droppin down from the sky punching the ground. He then stands up crossing his arms, staring first at the Caravan then glancing at the group of large men, and the woman. "No need to fear, Zori is here. Hehe" is said as he grins. Bringing his attention over to Kyu "Whats up Kyu? your on this mission as well.. neat." Zori continues to cross his arms over his shoulder, looking quite mischevious as he waits.

Jade heads to the meeting area looking over the group. Shes chewing on another candy bar as she looks over whos on this job. 3 genin and a chuunin…this would be interesting. D rank from the looks of it "Hello all. Am I late?" Almost really. Shes wearing her normal jacket and such so she looks about the same as always, even with that constant dust on her jacket.

The woman is the one who steps forward to greet Kyu, a small bow from her while the men get things set up for a journey. "Ah, yes… We'll be taking one of the lesser known trails to get to the capital from here. I feel that, while it may take longer to get to, it will provide us will less of a chance encountering the thieves who seem to so often take the supplies." She hands Kyu a map of the Land of Fire, a red line indicating the trail she wishes to take. "I'm sorry our cart is rather large. We have to make up for lost luggage, you realize."
The men finish making sure all the lumber and supplies are secure in the caravan. It was about as large as a modern-day trailer home, the whole thing taking four oxen to pull it along. "We're ready to go boss!" calls one of them, slapping the cart for good measure. It shakes, but doesn't tip over. "My names Iruboto Ken, by the way. My brothers are Sen and Wen. And my sister, over there, is Mari." The woman offers a wave when introduced. "Alright. We heading out, then?" asks the one, Zen.

Kyu listens carefully to the woman as she speaks, and looking between each of the others who are introduced. After introductions are done he examines the map carefully, then passing the map to Zori to look at it. He moves towards the caravan and nods. "I believe we're ready to move out. If either you want to ask something or look at something or do something, I'm sure you can do it on the way." Kyu gears that more towards his team rather than the others. He moves over to examine the caravan and make sure there isn't anything wrong with it, not that he doesn't trust them, more that he doesn't want accidents to happen. Especially one that could've been easily avoided.

Zori listens to the woman. Looking between each of the other men who were introduced. He thinks to himself "What kind of names are those?". As the map gets passed to Kyu, he glances at it and then passes it to Zori. "We got this." Zori gives Kyu and Jade a thumbs up. Zori observes Kyu as he checks the stability of the caravan. The caravan itself seemed stable enough to be moved in Zori's eyes. Giving a quick nod to Kyu "Alright ready when you are."

The wagon itself seems secure in its bindings. When the order is given to head out, the three brothers work to get the ox moving while Mari takes the driver's seat. Naturally, like most missions, nothing happens in the first part of the trip. It leaves time for socializing, preparing for any battle, etc. The workers getting escorted will happily share tales, should they be prompted.

Kyu, once he sees the caravan is secure (Kyu sure knows his bindings, due to Binding Illusion), focuses his chakra and then turns to the others. "Hello Zori, how've you been? Haven't spoke to you in a little while. And Jade, you too, how've you been?" Kyu is clearly trying to strike up a friendly conversation to pass the time, he randomly scans the area and then looks back at the two, not wanting to be too unaware of his surroundings.

Zori listens to Kyu, "I know right, its been a minute. I been doing okay. Yestraday me and Hige sparred each other. He seems to have gotten stronger." Zori looks at Jade "Yeah how are you doing Jade? Hope your not still mad from our little spar the other day." Zori grins. Zori's full attention is on Jade and Kyu at the moment as he focuses his chakra. Just incase danger shows up.

Jade jumps up and sits on top of the cart and starts sending out kikaichu in a big perimeter to keep an eye out for anything that might be moving towards the caravan. Nothing like an aburame for a birds eye view…except I guess for a bird ninja of some type…shuttup. She ignores Zori's comment about the spar, she is annoyed at him yes.

And as the group continues to trudge along, things start to get quiet. Almost too quiet, in all honesty. Even the birds have stopped singing! A few minutes into the complete silence that could only be broken by conversation, three kunai make their way towards Zori! They're aimed at vital points, of course, the people wanting to get things done quickly and efficiently.

COMBAT: Kyuketsuki successfully interrupts attack number 1: NPC-D-TAI-ATTACK from Rockpath against Zori with a roll of 18 vs 17.
RP: Kyuketsuki transforms into SHARINGAN-I.
COMBAT: Kyuketsuki defends against NPC-D-TAI-ATTACK(17) attack from Rockpath with a CLONE-TECHNIQUE…31

Kyu was walking along, talking with the others when he saw something flying towards Zori, he reflexively pushes Zori a little to the left, out of the way of the first of the kunai, Kyu's Sharingan seems to activate by itself and Kyu drops a clone in his place as he leaps backwards and on top of the caravan, Kyu scans the area, just hoping Zori can avoid the two other kunai. "Well. Definitely not a safe route. Lets make it one. Anyone see them?" Kyu looks closely, hoping he can spot them first. If he did they'd get a taste of a Binding Illusion.

COMBAT: Zori defends against NPC-D-TAI-ATTACK(34) attack from Rockpath with a STRING-STEERING-TECHNIQUE…22
COMBAT: Zori loses the roll and sustains 353 damage.
COMBAT: Zori defends against NPC-D-TAI-ATTACK(23) attack from Rockpath with a STRING-STEERING-TECHNIQUE…27

Once Zori gets pushed by Kyu "What was that for?" He sees one of the kunais fly by him striking Kyu's clone. The other kunais make theyre way to Zori. He is struck in the back with one of them. As Zori turns around he sees the third one come at him. He swipes his arm as the wire up under his sleeves uncoil from wrist, lashing out deflecting the kunai to the ground. "Owww Cheese and crackers that hurt!" mumbles to himself. "Now im mad." Zori starts looking around hoping to find out where the kunais came from.

COMBAT: Rockpath defends against BINDING-ILLUSION(32) attack from Kyuketsuki with a SELF-INFLICT…24

Jade jumps quickly as her bugs see the pair as they start throwing kunai and other attacks. She has her kikaichu swarm the area in a rush as she sends out more from her sleeves. in a jewel white cloud that fills the air making people think it might be a fire attack or something instead of what it really is.

COMBAT: Rockpath defends against KIKAICHU-SWARM(17) attack from Jade with a TENSE…6
COMBAT: Rockpath loses the roll and sustains 253 damage.
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against KIKAICHU-SWARM(23) attack from Jade with a DODGE…20
COMBAT: Rockpath loses the roll and sustains 218 damage.
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against KIKAICHU-SWARM(23) attack from Jade with a DODGE…18
COMBAT: Rockpath loses the roll and sustains 215 damage.
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against KIKAICHU-SWARM(20) attack from Jade with a DODGE…33
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against KIKAICHU-SWARM(20) attack from Jade with a DODGE…20
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against KIKAICHU-SWARM(27) attack from Jade with a DODGE-II…22
COMBAT: Rockpath loses the roll and sustains 236 damage.

The one that was throwing the kunai finds bugs chomping at him. While he has no chakra to speak of, he also can't defend readily against bugs. The man eventually escapes the cloud of bugs and glares at the three Genin. "Dang… I thought the kids were easy targets, too. That explains a lot. The second man also seems intent on hiding before bugs find him and attack him as well. He hops from the tree, and both ready their swords as they prepare to face the Genin while those in charge of the cart work on calming the oxen, who are becoming skittish.
In a few fluid movements, they move. One goes for Jade, sword moving to slash at the girl's chest and arms. The other aims rather poorly at Kyu and Zori, trying to slash them both and likely failing since they're spread out.

COMBAT: Kyuketsuki defends against SHARP-II(18) attack from Rockpath with a CLONE-TECHNIQUE…30

Kyu looks at the one running at him and gives him a smile, he left a clone standing where he was and leaped straight up, and in mid air, made some seals, attempting to use genjutsu on both of them, Out of Body Experience. They would feel a feeling of detachment as their vision fades to black, they would see nothing as their body goes numb, and then they would feel their minds seemingly get pulled out of their bodies, being suspended in mid air and looking down at their still bodies, unable to move their real bodies and being forced to watch whatever happens. Kyu will then just land and look at the two, and laugh a little. "Have fun."

COMBAT: Zori defends against SHARP-II(24) attack from Rockpath with a STRING-STEERING-TECHNIQUE…23
COMBAT: Zori loses the roll and sustains 276 damage.

Zori shouts look out Kyu and Jade! As the men jump out, attacking relentlessly. Zori glances over and see's the bandit swinging his sword at his body. The wire lashes out from up underneathe his sleeves to try to deflect the sword but misses completely. The sword ends up slashing Zori's left arm leaving a little cut. "Grr!" Zori brings back the wire this time on the offensive, slashing at the bandit's body that attacked him.

COMBAT: Jade defends against SHARP-II(34) attack from Rockpath with a KIKAICHU-COLUMN…25
COMBAT: Jade loses the roll and sustains 367 damage.

Jade puts up a wall of jewel white bugs trying to stop the sword but when the blade gets through anyway and puts an edge along her shoulder she just has the wall explode out in a wall of bricked off bugs with an insatiable hunger for man screams.

COMBAT: Rockpath defends against OUT-OF-BODY-EXPERIENCE(36) attack from Kyuketsuki with a SELF-INFLICT…31
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against OUT-OF-BODY-EXPERIENCE(32) attack from Kyuketsuki with a SELF-INFLICT…17
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against RAZOR-WIRE(33) attack from Zori with a DODGE-II…37
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against KIKAICHU-SWARM(22) attack from Jade with a DODGE-II…25
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against KIKAICHU-SWARM(27) attack from Jade with a DODGE-II…38
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against KIKAICHU-SWARM(18) attack from Jade with a DODGE…28

The two sellswords move out of the way to try and avoid the attacks aimed at them, successfully dodging all but.. well, that dang Genjutsu gets them. They feel the effects and know what it is, but the stab to their legs doesn't shake off the effects, and they end up with a very odd feeling of being out of their bodies, as if floating…

Kyu sees them stop moving and seem to be somewhere else, and smiles. "Zori, Jade! They cannot move. I'll make sure they stay that way. Feel free to beat them with everything you've got." With that Kyu goes through some hand seals, attempting to maintain the illusion, this would further strain their minds but make sure they both cannot move for longer. This is rather tiring for Kyu, but he isn't killing them directly so it seems better to him to tire himself than to burn them down. "Sorry to do this to you two." Kyu says while looking up at where they would imagine themselves being. "I won't kill you, but I won't let you attack my friends either. Don't worry, you won't feel it so long as I don't let you return to your body."

Zori notices the Bandits have stopped moving completely. Zori grins.. evilishly. Looking at Kyu "Let me guess theyre in a genjutsu? Good job" Zori runs over nearby to where the bandits are. Extending both his arms the wire unwraps from both his wrists lashing out at the bandits slicing and slashing aimed at theyre bodys. Savagely. "Hehehehehehe"

Jade watches them try to kill the guys "Zori stop! Just tie them up you idiot." She grabs some rope and jumps down to tie up one of the ones zori isnt trying to maul, they can interrogate him later. No need to murder now helpless bandits when they can arrest them. This isnt the mist village.

COMBAT: Rockpath defends against OUT-OF-BODY-EXPERIENCE(33) attack from Kyuketsuki with a TENSE…16
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against OUT-OF-BODY-EXPERIENCE(25) attack from Kyuketsuki with a TENSE…8
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against RAZOR-WIRE(18) attack from Zori with a TENSE…6
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against RAZOR-WIRE(22) attack from Zori with a TENSE…4

While the two bandits can only 'watch' helplessly as their bodies get mutilated by Zori's wires, it seems that the Genin should have kept a better eye on twit surroundings. A third person sends kunai down at the trio, aiming for the back of their necks to stop the comrades from getting more injured.

COMBAT: Kyuketsuki defends against SHARP-II(22) attack from Rockpath with a DODGE…18
COMBAT: Kyuketsuki loses the roll and sustains 318 damage.

COMBAT: Kyuketsuki successfully interrupts attack number 2: SHARP-II from Rockpath against Jade with a roll of 28 vs 26.

COMBAT: Kyuketsuki defends against SHARP-II(26) attack from Rockpath with a CLONE-TECHNIQUE…27

Kyu hears the sound of a kunai flying at him and tries to move out of the way, instead getting a little bit of hair cut off and a small cut on the neck, he spins around and due to the slowed perception of time he sees two kunai, one headed for Jade and one for Zori, he knows he has to pick and mentally flips a coin, landing on Jade, all this happens in an instant before he leaps over and uses his shoulder to push Jade out of the way, leaving a clone of him in her place to confuse them on the off chance they use chakra to curve the kunai or something. "Zori! Kunai-from-behind!" He says quickly, the words nearly flowing into one, Kyu cant see who threw it and doesn't bother wasting time to find them, he uses Blazing Shuriken, to spray that entire direction with small exploding firebolts.

Zori hears "Look out" and he turns around and is struck in the chest with the kunai. "Ahh" he shouts. Zori pulls out the kunai. Collapsing to the ground standing on one knee. "These bandits can go to Hell!" Zori looks up with blurry vision, from the amount of blood loss and all. Zori figures he'll just aim where he saw Kyu shoot his blazing shurikens at. The wire lashes out in that direction planning to grab ahold of a bandit or two.

Jade rolls her eyes but thnks kyu quickly as she finishes tying up the bandit then lets her swarm of kikaichu go after th eone who threw the blade at her. Shes not about to let him take one of them down, She has a small swarm buzzing around there client too making a wall to guard with

COMBAT: Rockpath defends against BLAZING-SHURIKEN(20) attack from Kyuketsuki with a DODGE…29
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against BLAZING-SHURIKEN(19) attack from Kyuketsuki with a DODGE…20
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against STRING-STEERING-TECHNIQUE-II(33) attack from Zori with a DODGE-II…25
COMBAT: Rockpath loses the roll and sustains 189 damage.
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against STRING-STEERING-TECHNIQUE-II(28) attack from Zori with a TENSE…11
COMBAT: Rockpath loses the roll and sustains 269 damage.
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against KIKAICHU-SWARM(22) attack from Jade with a TENSE…10
COMBAT: Rockpath loses the roll and sustains 295 damage.
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against KIKAICHU-SWARM(19) attack from Jade with a DODGE…31
COMBAT: Rockpath defends against KIKAICHU-SWARM(24) attack from Jade with a DODGE…16
COMBAT: Rockpath loses the roll and sustains 254 damage.

Well, while the single bandit is able to avoid flaming kunai, he's just not able to avoid the strings Zori uses. He quickly gets tangled up in the wires, blinking a bit as he struggles. Then the bugs descend, eating him alive. Looks like Zori's request just might be fulfilled! As soon as everything's cleared away, they can continue on. The rest of the trip goes relatively well, too, which is good. Nothing unexpected, no bandits…The supplies get to the capital safe and sound.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License