The Storm Brigade - Clouds on the Horizon


Kefka (emitter), Hiei, Arashi, Michiko, Hanami, Ryouji, Hige, Furoo

Date: October 21, 2015


A strange storm has been occurring on a local island sends a number of Shinobi to seek the source and rescue innocents.

Poster's note: foul language filtered in obvious places.

"The Storm Brigade - Clouds on the Horizon"

Land of Lightning

It's a bit early in the year for such a hellacious storm to be ravaging the world, but it looks like somebody didn't tell Mother Nature that. An island near Kumogakure on its east side that has been a decent supplier for certain fruits and wood sent a hawk that was even a bit damaged itself to the hidden village pleading for help. A storm that they had hoped would just pass over picked up with more force than they could've predicted. Most of the island is now underwater and is constantly being battered by the storm. Those who haven't been killed by lightning, swept away by flooding, or otherwise pulverized by the storm have gathered at high ground on a hill, but it won't be long before they've completely lost the island to this storm, and it doesn't seem to be moving any time soon.

Answering the battered and bruised hawk, Hiei had ordered all available shinobi, and allies to report to the Lightning Docks for immediate departure. Having gotten ahold of one of the ships from the pirate campaign, they are in possession of a ship big enough to transport a group to the island in trouble. Hiei gives the situation. "We're to go in and evacuate that island as quickly as possible. I don't know why a storm has been ravaging the place. It's not even the right time of year for something like that. But those are your orders."

Arashi was working on the docks as he usually is. A lot of his free time is spent helping them out here. It didn't take long for him to notice the storm gathering, and he could tell it was a big one. It is way to early for the storms to be getting this bad, but it isn't unheard of. He would probably have to help fix that. He could probably get a boat through the storm if neccasary as well. He happened to be there already luckily once Hiei had called for the shinobi to meet there. So he would prepare for immediate departure as quickly as possible.

Michiko frowns a bit. "This is pretty unusual… Though my abilities are a bit far from ideal for this little case. Regardless, I'll do what I can, Hiei-san." Admittedly, she also hates being out on the open water. Not because she gets sea-sick, but because there was no earth there to allow her to sense… And water could easily douse her fire. She's grateful that she managed to learn how to use wind manipulation, but it wasn't as strong as she'd like it, nor would it be helpful at all. The girl sighs faintly as she looks around to see who all was available. "Arashi-san," She greets with a ligth nod of her head.

Hanami had gotten the summons and was quick to make her way to the docks. Not exactly the most usual mission she's gone on. She was worried about being on the ship, and what they were sailing into but those poor people! Maybe there was something she could do, once they got there and assessed things. Either way she knew the gathered shinobi would get the job done. So she boarded the boat and gave a nod of greeting to those gathered.

Joining in on this situation, Furoo frowns as she looks at the Kage and then at Michiko. She then looks ahead, "I can help here." She nods her head as she looks ahead, "If you are looking for fast, no one does it quite like I do." She grins and then looks back to the others before hmming, "I can't stop a storm though." She shakes her head before looking forward to the area, "Don't we have any big time wind users?"

Ryouji grabbed his survival gear and an extra bit of rescue gear like an extra first aid kit and rope. You can always need more rope. With his all weather cloak trailing behind him in a run, he hauls it over to the docks and says, "Freaky weather. Guess we'll have to save those people before they get swept out to sea. Hey Hiei-sensei and Michiko-chan." He lifts a hand in greeting before getting on board. Ryouji hasn't learned wind as well as his lighting, but could probably batter back some wind if needed. He says, "I've got some training in wind, it's part of my kekkei genkei." He reaches up and wipes a bit of rain running down his face. Then looks over at Furoo, "Well, we can both help out with the wind, Furoo-san."

Hige and Konsho had only been passing through Kumo, stopping for a day on the way from some thing or other…probably doing something that Daisuke had sent him to do since the Hokage is lazy. Normally he wouldn't have stopped to help out since he likely had to be back in Konoha, but sometimes you had to make tough decisions. A bird was sent to Konoha saying he'd be helping Kumo with this particular issue since lives were at stake. Tsk, and he didn't bring any kind of rain cloak with him either. Ah well. Hige arrived shortly after the others and approached Hiei and Michiko, giving them a nod. "Heard you might need some help." A fang toothed grin is given to the others be knows as Konsho bounds over to Hiei and gives him a "Hi Hiei!"

By the time the ship arrives to the island, they would spot the massive storm from far away. The rain beats down in such volume and with such harshness that the waves around the island beat vicious against it and anything that comes near. One might question whether taking the ship through the storm is really a good idea at all, but trying to move that many people atop the water by carrying them for miles would probably be even MORE dangerous… But that's not all…
Anyone with the ability to feel chakra would detect something off and rather malicious about this storm. The rain and lightning are charged with chakra, meaning this storm is being caused by jutsu. A storm of this level couldn't be caused by just one person, though, especially with the sheer amount of chakra radiating off it. There may be an entire team of jutsuist collaborating to create this storm going west that has engulfed this island… meaning it could very well be heading for the Land of Lightning next if they don't stop it here.

COMBAT: Hiei focuses 3386 stamina to turn it into 5000 usable chakra!

As the boat arrives near the storm, Hiei turns to Arashi. "That looks very nasty. Will the ship hold up if we were to go in?" Not like they had much choice. They very well couldn't carry them out one by one. And as lightning strikes the water, Hiei feels the chakra being used and frowns. "This is no normal storm. That lightning was caused by jutsu." As a lightning user himself, he'd know. He focuses his body for combat as he says. "We have no choice. Steer the ship in, and get as close to the island as possible. If we can make landfall, Michiko can find out the situation through her tremor sense." He is holding on to the railing with a strong grip. Good thing he had taken his meds before he set foot on this thing. He pushes away the nausea and comments. "Hige. Can you and Konsho smell anything on the wind?" He does pet Konsho when the ninkin first greeted him, but he's trying to focus on the mission at hand. Which is already difficult due to the boat moving the way it is.

RPCOMBAT: Hiei defends against with a PERCEPTION-III…39
COMBAT: Arashi focuses 3522 stamina to turn it into 4000 usable chakra!

Arashi would look to Hiei when the questions is asked, and shrug. "It depends." Then the fact about the lightning being caused by a jutsu causes him to shake his head. "If they are not distracted then they could very well aim at the ship." He would make sure the boat made it safely in, or as safley as possible. Once landed he would make sure everyone was off the boat before making it secure, and getting off himself. "We should probably split up into two groups. One to escort everyone off the Island, and a second to find and deal with the people doing this. Our job on escorting them could become a lot harder if they notice us, and concentrate the storm on us."

RPCOMBAT: Michiko defends against with a PERCEPTION…25

Michiko can't rely on any sense but her sight for now, so she scans the area that they're approaching quickly. She feels blind at the moment, which isn't helping her mood much. "Tch… Annoying…" she grumbles, pushing off from the rails to find Ryouji and Hanami. She had seen them board a while back. "Hanami-san, Ryouji-kun. I don't suppose there's anything of interest aside from the chakra-induced storm?" she asks them.

COMBAT: Hanami focuses 3902 stamina to turn it into 5000 usable chakra!
RPCOMBAT: Hanami defends against with a AIR-CURRENTS…21
RPCOMBAT: Hanami defends against with a CHAKRA-SENSITIVITY…21

Hanami looks out at the sea as they go along, getting herself use to the ship. Takes her a moment to register the large amount of chakra ahead in the storm. The air was heavy with it, definitely not normal then. Things were going to get bad if they were facing people able to generate this kind of monster. She looks at the others then at Hiei, "We should probably at least send one or two stealthier people to scout things out so we know where the people are, or even where our targets are." She shrugs and looks to Michiko and shakes her head, "I got nothing, sorry." All she can really say to that. Doesn't stop her from watching the storm as they approach.

COMBAT: Furoo focuses 2216 stamina to turn it into 2650 usable chakra!
RPCOMBAT: Furoo defends against with a PERCEPTION-II…36

A glance to Ryouji and she blinks several times, "Help…with wind? Wnat me to run super fast against the wind to try to make the wind slower?" She chuckles as she looks to the area ahead, "I certainly can probably out run the wind but that isn't gonna help I'd think." She chuckles and then runs up high on the ship's mast and peers about in different directions before she rushes back down to the Kage and states, "I'll keep a look out up there." She then rushes back up before rushing back down once more, "Oh and I can move real stealthy if I want." THen she runs back up.

COMBAT: Ryouji focuses 4953 stamina to turn it into 7000 usable chakra!
RPCOMBAT: Ryouji defends against with a PERCEPTION…36
RPCOMBAT: Ryouji defends against with a CHAKRA-SENSITIVITY…28

Ryouji spots the latest arrival and walks over, "Hige-san, Konsho-san!" He holds his fist out towards the inuzuka for a bump. "We could use it, no one said you were in the area. When we get done, we've GOT to spar." He urps a bit from the rocking ship, "Once the floor stops spinning, that is." Apperently, Ryouji isn't on ships often enough. He's a ninja, not a pirate. He sucks in a breath and focuses on his chakra to build it up as well as expanding his senses outward. "I'll help with the escorting!" he says raising his hand. Then Michiko asks the question and he closes his eyes to really concentrate, "Let's see…no, I'm not sensing anything more than what everyone else is. Sorry, Michiko-chan." He looks over at Furoo and blinks in surprise, "You mean to tell me you haven't figured out how to use your wind chakra? I'll have to show you sometime then, Furoo-san. And I should really see how fast you really are while we're at it." He grins, "Count on it, I'll get you up to speed. But I can move stealthy if need be too." He looks over at Hiei, "What do you want us to do, Hiei-sensei?" He's probably itching for a fight, but the mission here is to help the people on the island. Help first, fight later.

RP: Hige transforms into KONSHO.
COMBAT: Hige focuses 4668 stamina to turn it into 6000 usable chakra!
RPCOMBAT: Hige defends against with a INUZUKA-SENSES-II…66

Hige returns the fist bump to Ryouji with a grin, then points down to his feet. "Tree walking Ryouji. Just a little chakra does wonders." Hige isn't much of the boat type himself but at least he doesn't have Hiei's unlucky stomach for it. As they near the island and he hears the various things that people are saying he can't help but frown. Someone's controlling the storm? How many people can actually do something like that? This should be quite interesting. As they travel the pair keep their senses open but Hige can only shake his head lightly. "Winds too strong, can't smell anything."

Despite all the various shinobi trying to figure out where the attackers are, none are able to discern anything but the storm and that it's filled with chakra. Any scents that the attackers might have are covered up by the storm and perhaps by some sort of jutsu. All that is detectable is that the people, at least some of them, are still alive on the hill, but the water is constantly rising.

Hiei steps out into the middle of the deck. "Alright. Since none of our senses can help while we're out on the water, this is what we're going to do. We'll divide into two teams. The extraction team, and the assault team." He points off to the side. "Myself, Hige, Michiko, and Ryouji will count as the assault team. Arashi, Hanami, and Furoo will be the extraction team. Your job is to find as many civvies as possible get them back to the boat somehow. Our job will be to find whomever is casting this jutsu and stop them, or at least distract them long enough for the storm to lessen so you can get the people out. Extraction team, your job is essential." He turns to Arashi. "Get the boat as close to shore as you dare, then take charge of the extraction team. We'll waterwalk or swim the rest of the way." He exhales slowly as he looks out at the storm. "Let's be careful, but let's get it done."
He would listen to what he was told before making sure the ships was far enough away to not somehow get pushed into the side of the island. Didn't help that the waves were getting pretty big. Anyways once he was able he would anchor the ship, and get near the edge. I don't know most of your abilties so if you could tell me them while we get to the hill that would help." He would wait for them to follow before moving to the hill as quickly as he could.

COMBAT: Michiko focuses 7570 stamina to turn it into 10000 usable chakra!

Michiko frowns at the feedback from the various shinobi, and she nods. "Hai, Hiei-san." The girl takes a moment to offer a small smile in greeting to Hige, but then she's back to seeking out anything that might lend itself to solving this mystery. "Hmm… Hanami-san, Arashi-san, Furoo-san. Arashi-san and Furoo-san, work together on transporting people to safety. Hanami-san, use your abilities to seek people out. Hai? Furoo-san, you should be able to get between spots quickly. Try not to hurt people by going too fast, though. Unless they're the enemy."

Hanami takes a breath, shaking out her limbs to loosen up in preparation for the mission. She moves nearer Arashi after giving Hiei a not and wishing them luck. "Will do my best Michiko." As Arashi goes over she slips over the side and takes off trying to work with the stormy winds with her movements rather than fight it as she makes her way to the hill. She calls out over the storm, "Wind Jutsu, and I guess the best way to put it limited sensor abilities. The storm wont make sensing easy but we'll get it done!"

Listening to the orders, Furoo gives a salute, "You got it!" She then hurrms, "I was hoping to punch people in the face though…or hit them with my stick in the face…or kick them in the face…" She shrugs, "Next time though!" She then awaits them getting closer before looking to Arashi, "Well, I'm a Reizei." She rushes along after him, kinda seeming annoyed at their pace, "I can move fast and apparently I'm supposed to be careful to not hurt someone while moving fast. I mean, honestly. Some people. You want quality, you want it cheap, /and/ you want it slow? That doesn't make any sense."

RPCOMBAT: Ryouji defends against with a PERCEPTION…26
RPCOMBAT: Ryouji defends against with a CHAKRA-SENSITIVITY…36

Ryouji hurms at the advice from Hige and does so sticking firmly to the deck of the ship. It helps a little bit with his tossing stomach. Ryouji says, "But…" he says in a small bit of protest, but pulls the rope off his shoulder. He calls out to Furoo before tossing the rope to her, "You could use this more than I can, Furoo-san! Tie one end around yourself, so we won't lose you." He ties off the other end to the mast or other secure tie off point. He looks back at Michiko and Hiei and Hige, "I'll do my best when they show up." He looks out over the edge of the boat and waits for now. The enemy hasn't shown up, nor can he really pinpoint where they are.

Thanks to the battering storm Hige's clothing is already soaked. If only he'd known that he'd be going through a freak storm, he might have packed a cloak. Then again, he's rather used to being soaked and doesn't mind it. It's just part of life. When Hiei gives his instructions the teen can only nod in understanding before looking to Konsho. Some silent communication passes before Hige does something he rarely does despite Konsho being larger than the teen. He jumps on his back and leans down some. With this storm it would be easy for them to become seperated if not careful. This was just an added failsafe. "You got it Hiei. Not sure who the cumulus could be doing this but I'm ready to cause some pain to whoever is doing this." Feral eyes scan the storm, squinting against the wind and rain as the two Inuzuka keep their senses open for where the danger may be originating.

RPCOMBAT: Hige defends against with a INUZUKA-SENSES-II…72

As the rescue team gets closer, lightning begins to strike seemingly randomly around the circumference of the hill more frequently. When whoever decides they've gotten a bit close, however, cloaked figure appears before them holding what appears to be a large ball of electricity that fires off at them, aimed directly at Furoo. Whether it hits her or the ground, however, doesn't matter. Upon impact, it bursts into an electrical explosion intent on frying all three of them.
For those on the boat, life is not that easy. A pair of similar figures appear out on the waves. The first spews a powerful jet of water intent on cutting them and, more important, the ship in half as he whips his head from one side to the other. The other brings his hands into a seal and, from the insane winds around them, a literal tornado forms on the water made of the water that gets sucked up into it, heading directly toward them with intent to discard the remains of the ship into the sea around them and prevent escape.

COMBAT: Hiei defends against PURE-WATER-SPEAR(53) attack from Shifty with a DANCING-FLOW…68
COMBAT: Hiei defends against WATERSPOUT(41) attack from Shifty with a ACROBATIC-DODGE…43

Hiei leaps over the side of the boat, his feet stepping on the water just like it would solid ground. "Alright, let's go." He states to his team. When the water spear comes for him, he spins in place and does a split on top of the water, making it go over his head. He then spins on his back, popping up to his feet and performing a horizontal flip to dodge the waterspout. Landing in a crouch, lightning pools into the palms of his hands. "Water huh? Makes sense. But guess what? It's also a cirrus of a conductor." He leaps forwards, making his way towards the cloaked figures as he hurls twin bolts of lightning from each hand towards the attackers.

COMBAT: Arashi defends against THUNDER-CANNON(48) attack from Shifty with a SPARK-SHIFT…37
COMBAT: Arashi loses the roll and sustains 1340 damage.

Arashi had no idea the attack was coming. By the time he sees the attack it was to late, and all he could do was make it do less by hopefully moving away a little. He gets slammed to the ground though from it. Getting up took him a moment, but once he was up he quickly. He wanted revenge for that so all he could think of doing was attacking back. He would charge up his own attack, and let loose two beams of energy.

COMBAT: Michiko defends against PURE-WATER-SPEAR(51) attack from Shifty with a EARTH-BARRIER…34
COMBAT: Michiko loses the roll and sustains 1488 damage.
COMBAT: Michiko defends against WATERSPOUT(47) attack from Shifty with a METAL-DOME…56
COMBAT: Michiko heals Michiko for 1229 with RAPID HEALING.

Michiko didn't really expect for there to be a sudden spear of earth, so she under-reacts, … Or rather, barely reacts. She ends up getting pierced by the spear, forcing her to turtle in a dome of metal so she can heal the injury. Any broken bones she may have suffered are fixed promptly so that the only thing remaining of the injury is a small mark on her skin. The girl winces a bit and allows for the barrier to lower. "Leave some targets for me, Hiei-san," she comments, rubbing the injured spot as if it were a mere bruise before she starts to focus a tremendous amount of chakra.

COMBAT: Hanami defends against THUNDER-CANNON(52) attack from Shifty with a WIND-STEP…57

Hanami was cursing herself for not paying better attention, and was likely going to fry if she didn't move! That was about all she could manage in her head as she reacts. Like the wind she's a blur of motion when the lightning explodes before her; twisting, ducking and diving she avoids the bolts by the skin of her teeth. Later she'll probably go back and find her heart which she was sure had fallen out somewhere during that crazy dance. For now she charges toward the mysterious attacker, gesturing as she gathers the abundant wind with quick slashes and swirls into the fierce shape of a large wolf head that shoots out for the guy. If it hits the lashing, snappings winds will keep him busy as though he were being chewed and mauled. So she follows it up with a flash of hand signs and a drop of her hand as the air above their attacker condenses and drops to try and pin the guy to the ground.

RPCOMBAT: Hanami defends against with a AIR-CURRENTS…36
RPCOMBAT: Hanami defends against with a CHAKRA-SENSITIVITY…23

RP: Furoo transforms into REIZEI-BLUR.
COMBAT: Furoo defends against THUNDER-CANNON(46) attack from Shifty with a BLUR-STEP…73

Disappearing in a sudden burst of speed, Furoo ends up next to Arashi first and states, "You alright? That looks like it really stung." Then he fires off some lasers and she blinks, "Oh, pretty!" She then attempts to race them but isn't fast enough to reach the target before she ends up next to the guy and states, "Rude. Real rude." She points at the guy with lightning, "Normally I'd get out my staff to hit you but I'm going to instead do this instead." She then quickly attempts to slap him, "But ya know…a lot." Then she suddenly unleashes a blur of slaps on the guy before she suddenly moves her hand at insane speed to try to slap him multiple times in the blink of an eye, "Nimbostratus."

RP: Ryouji transforms into BLUR-MASTER.
COMBAT: Ryouji counters against a PURE-WATER-SPEAR(72) attack from Shifty with a BEAT-BOX-BLITZ…75
COMBAT: Ryouji defends against WATERSPOUT(48) attack from Shifty with a FLASH-PRECISION-PARRY…64

Ryouji blinks in surprise when he sees the spear of water ready to rip the ship and Ryouji himself from this mortal coil. Ryouji flexes his chakra network and pushes them to his near limit. His eyes light up with flame and launches himself off the deck of the ship. He reaches up and grabs all his blades from his back, pulling them free as he clears the spear of water. He latches onto five of the swords with his body's joints before clenching the last sword in his teeth. He closes in on the cloaked individual that tried to hit him with the spear and slices with a leg sword. Then he starts spinning, splitting the waterspout aimed at him and explodes right through it as he continues spinning across the water like Taz before ripping into the next cloaked guy. Then he leaps back towards the first, spinning like a flashing buzzsaw. His body is a whirling dervish of destruction and sharp pointy things.

RP: Hige transforms into KONSHOS-BOND.
COMBAT: Hige defends against PURE-WATER-SPEAR(66) attack from Shifty with a INUZUKA-DANGER-SENSE…64
COMBAT: Hige loses the roll and sustains 1512 damage.
COMBAT: Hige defends against WATERSPOUT(48) attack from Shifty with a FOUR-LEGGED-DODGE-II…71

The one downside to Hige not usually riding on Konsho is that some of the finer moves can go bad. Konsho manages to slip away from the spear of water as it heads towards him but Hige gets hit and flies off the pup, landing on the deck of the ship on all fours and tearing up the wood with his claws as they dig deep into the wood. Hige lets out a growl when he looks back up and his feral eyes are much more so than his normal self. There's no indicator given yet somehow the large pup knows what to do. The duo jumps into the air in the storm and come down in a dual attack, attempting to knock the closest victim into the air together before Hige comes back in a blaze of lightning and attempts to cleave through them.

COMBAT: Shifty defends against FORGED-LIGHTNING-SPEAR(50) attack from Hiei with a WATER-ENCAMPMENT-WALL…65
COMBAT: Shifty defends against FORGED-LIGHTNING-SPEAR(39) attack from Hiei with a WATER-ENCAMPMENT-WALL…69
COMBAT: Shifty defends against LASER-BEAM(18) attack from Arashi with a DODGE-II…64
COMBAT: Shifty defends against LASER-BEAM(27) attack from Arashi with a DODGE-II…59
COMBAT: Shifty defends against HOWLING-WIND(34) attack from Hanami with a DODGE-II…53
COMBAT: Shifty defends against MACROBURST(34) attack from Hanami with a DODGE-II…38
COMBAT: Shifty defends against CHAKRA-PHYSICAL(39) attack from Furoo with a DODGE-II…54
COMBAT: Shifty defends against BLUR-PHYSICAL(46) attack from Furoo with a DODGE-II…50
COMBAT: Shifty defends against BEAT-BOX-BLITZ(75) attack from Ryouji with a WATER-ENCAMPMENT-WALL…84
COMBAT: Shifty defends against BEAT-BOX-BLITZ(64) attack from Ryouji with a WATER-ENCAMPMENT-WALL…73
COMBAT: Shifty defends against BEAT-BOX-BLITZ(54) attack from Ryouji with a WATER-ENCAMPMENT-WALL…87
COMBAT: Shifty defends against BEHEADING-FANG(59) attack from Hige with a WATER-ENCAMPMENT-WALL…80
COMBAT: Shifty defends against LIGHTNING-PASSING-FANG(50) attack from Hige with a WATER-ENCAMPMENT-WALL…62

Oh, the shinobi are going to get these cloaked stratus! Maybe not. The cloaked figures out on the water bring their hands into seals as the assault party attacks, raising up a massive wall between themselves and the Cloud (and Honorary Cloud) shinobi. Since it seems people are more intent on saving their own skin than the ship, it receives some pretty hefty damage, some rather large bits of it sliced off and scattered into the winds. However, thanks to the anchoring and Ryoji cutting through the Waterspout, it is weakened a bit and some of the pieces stay at least around where they are, though there's still the matter of the crashing waves… And the guys behind that wall water moving through hands seals to suddenly turn that giant wall into a waterfall that they send down to attempt to wash all the shinobi back and more of the boards and whatever else they can knock off the ship away.

Those on land have no better luck, as the guy up there just ducks and weaves around their attacks. He almost seems amused in the way that he's moving, but he's not actually made a sound to show that he's laughing. Instead, he only attacks in return, creating shuriken of lightning in his hands that he flings at the rescue party en masse.

COMBAT: Hiei defends against GREAT-WATERFALL(84) attack from Shifty with a HYPER-SPEED-BLINK-DODGE…79
COMBAT: Hiei loses the roll and sustains 1104 damage.

Hiei is still trying to make his way closer to shore while defending against the cloaked figures. However when a huge waterfall rises against him, his body explodes with chakra, as his chestplate, gauntlets and knee pads glow brightly as he activates his armor. However, the added speed doesn't help. It's hard to dodge something that's almost as large as a mountain. Hiei is impacted, and is drug underwater by the drag. For now, there's no sign of him.

COMBAT: Arashi defends against LIGHTNING-TOOLS(51) attack from Shifty with a SPARK-SHIFT…29
COMBAT: Arashi loses the roll and sustains 920 damage.

Arashi watches the lightning shuriken comes towards him. These guys were strong. He didn't know if he could do anything, but he had to try. So as it comes towards him he tries to spark shift away only to have it clip him stopping him, and hitting him hard. He rolls against the ground feeling the injuries. It could be worse. He stands up loading up his own group of lightning in his palms. He would unleash multiple blasts of lightning from his palms.

COMBAT: Michiko defends against GREAT-WATERFALL(61) attack from Shifty with a EARTH-STYLE-WALL…74

Michiko is on the …. well, on the ground, from what she can tell. The water users essentially seemed to use most of the water to make their grand 'little' attack, which means that Michiko is able to use her earth to avoid being crushed by the tidal wave. Of course, the poor ship seems to be in ruins, and it's all she can do to avoid being washed away herself, but she survived! The girl glances around a bit, then she sighs and wonders if this would turn out badly. The wall of earth in front of her shifts, turning into a large hand… two large hands that seek to grab the attackers.

RP: Michiko transforms into SIZZLE-III.
COMBAT: Hanami defends against LIGHTNING-TOOLS(50) attack from Shifty with a WIND-STEP…60

Hanami swears, figures her jutsus would miss their mark. The dodged so easily…had to pin him down. She looks to Arashi, making sure he's still on his feet and gathers wind chakra into her, causing a faint breeze around her body as she feels lighter and more intuned with her element.

RP: Hanami transforms into BREEZE.
RP: Ryouji transforms into BLUR-MASTER.
COMBAT: Ryouji defends against GREAT-WATERFALL(61) attack from Shifty with a BLUR…94

Ryouji was there for a moment and the next he's gone. Ryouji flickers back into existence above the waterfall, he flickers along the cascading water as he comes crashing into one cloaked guy sending an explosion of water upward. But he disappears quickly enough to slice at the second. At least it looks like it, he's holding lighting cutter in both hands in the finishing position. He gives the blade a flick and slides it back home.

RP: Hige transforms into KONSHO'S-HEART.
COMBAT: Hige defends against GREAT-WATERFALL(66) attack from Shifty with a FOUR-LEGGED-DODGE-II…64
COMBAT: Hige loses the roll and sustains 1538 damage.

By the time the duo had finished their failed attack against the cloaked opponents they were pretty well within the water. It was enough that, even despite their attempt to jump away from the sudden huge waterfall that appeared, there was little the two Inuzuka could do to escape as they got throtled and forced under the water.

COMBAT: Shifty defends against LIGHTNING-SHOTGUN(26) attack from Arashi with a DODGE…37
COMBAT: Shifty defends against LIGHTNING-SHOTGUN(22) attack from Arashi with a DODGE…35
COMBAT: Shifty defends against LIGHTNING-SHOTGUN(22) attack from Arashi with a DODGE…30
COMBAT: Shifty defends against DEMON-GRAVES(88) attack from Michiko with a WATER-ENCAMPMENT-WALL…72
COMBAT: Shifty defends against DEMON-GRAVES(91) attack from Michiko with a TENSE…15
COMBAT: Shifty defends against WHIRLWIND-OF-BLADES(86) attack from Ryouji with a TENSE…11
COMBAT: Shifty loses the roll and sustains 1255 damage.
COMBAT: Shifty defends against WHIRLWIND-OF-BLADES(88) attack from Ryouji with a TENSE…8
COMBAT: Shifty loses the roll and sustains 1226 damage.

Despite their other victories, the two cloaked men on the water end up grabbed by Michiko's jutsu. In the same moment, however, each wind up skewed by Ryouji's attacks and fly back and are consequently released from their earthen bonds. They nod to each other and then point their hands out, firing off huge streams of lightning at the shinobi above and below the water with intent to annihilate them all at once.
Meanwhile back on the hill, the cloaked man there continues to dodge the attacks coming his way. He then leaps forward and drives a kick directly at the side of Arashi's head before spinning in the same motion to throw a punch at Hanami.

COMBAT: Hiei HEROIC SURGES and releases himself from a stunned state!
RP: Hiei transforms into LIGHTNING-RELEASE-ARMOR.
COMBAT: Hiei defends against LIGHTNING-CRASH(102) attack from Shifty with a DISPLACEMENT…126

Beneath the waves, Hiei realizes where he is, and the kind of prone condition that he's in. His body couldn't move, so he surges his chakra to crazy sick levels, activating his hidden jutsu and breaking his stunned state. His body disappears and reappears above the waves in midair. He lands on the surface of the water in a crouch, lightning lancing off his body and striking the surface. "I promised my wife that I would try to change my ways. To not be so bloodthirsty when dealing with you idiots. She'll simply have to forgive me..because I'm gonna rip your freaking hearts out." He draws his swords and then promptly vanishes, attacking so fast and hard that he's sheathing his sword by the time the cloaked guys might realize they've been attacked.

COMBAT: Arashi defends against CHAKRA-SHARP-II(38) attack from Shifty with a SPARK-SHIFT…33
COMBAT: Arashi loses the roll and sustains 710 damage.

Arashi would not be expecting the sudden charge, and he happened to be less skilled up close. That kick sends him into the ground, and Arashi simply rolls across the ground for a moment before standing up. This was much more challenging then he expected when he first noticed the storm. "Hanami if you could try that one move of yours again that would be great." He stands there for a moment before letting lose two quick beams of pure energy.

COMBAT: Michiko defends against LIGHTNING-CRASH(92) attack from Shifty with a METAL-DOME…112

Michiko blinks a bit at the brilliant display of lightning, and she has to adjust her seals just a bit. The metal that she wears thickens just a bit, and she has to draw on some of the earth that she used earlier, turning it to metal as fast as she can to disperse the incoming lightning back into the ground. "Tsk… Nuisances…" she mutters, even as the thick metal wall she made suddenly adjusts itself to shoot out at the attackers and pierce them.

COMBAT: Hanami defends against CHAKRA-SHARP-II(39) attack from Shifty with a WIND-STEP…48

Hanami was waiting, eyeing the man so wasn't surprised when he launched his attack against Arashi and the wind lent flexibility as she twisted out of the way and moves a short distance. She gives a nod to Arashi to let him know she heard him then forms a wolf head out of wind sending it howling at their opponent. With that biting attack off she forms the signs and flicks her wrist to bring the condensed air slamming down on him hopefully trapping him for once. While she does she keeps her guard up for whatever comes next, wondering how the others are doing.

COMBAT: Ryouji defends against LIGHTNING-CRASH(93) attack from Shifty with a NEAR-MISS-SHIFT…75
COMBAT: Ryouji loses the roll and sustains 1904 damage.
RP: Ryouji uses B-RANK-CHARGE.

Ryouji takes the hit, even though he pushed his chakra network to its near limits trying to avoid the lightning, it still hits him. The lightning smashes him into the water, carrying him from the force of the blast deep under the surface. The force of the lightning carves out a cave of water, hydrogen and oxygen split apart and hiss outward, threatening to explode. Ryouji makes a few hand signs as he bleeds from a cut on his forehead and a nasty burn in his shoulder that causes his torn and scorched hoodie to slide down. He can't move from that near miss shift, but he can force his body to gather chakra in one point…his hand. He points his palm downward and pumps chakra into it as he glares upward at the rapidly closing tunnel to the surface.

COMBAT: Hige defends against LIGHTNING-CRASH(84) attack from Shifty with a TENSE…12
COMBAT: Hige loses the roll and sustains 2332 damage.
COMBAT: Hige focuses 3896 stamina to turn it into 5000 usable chakra!

There's not much to be done as the two Inuzuka are tumbled round and round by the water, unable to find their way out in time before the lightning comes crashing down. At least he knows which way is up. The two Inuzuka surface for better or worse, both burnt from the strike and some blood dribbling out of Hige's mouth. He can't take much more, but he's not about to give up. Finding the closest robed figure the Inuzuka launch forward, spinning head over heels like a saw before coming down on their victim.

COMBAT: Shifty defends against HYPER-SPEED-CHAIN-KILL(74) attack from Hiei with a WATER-ENCAMPMENT-WALL…78
COMBAT: Shifty defends against HYPER-SPEED-CHAIN-KILL(98) attack from Hiei with a WATER-ENCAMPMENT-WALL…79
COMBAT: Shifty loses the roll and sustains 665 damage.
COMBAT: Shifty defends against LASER-BEAM(21) attack from Arashi with a DODGE…30
COMBAT: Shifty defends against LASER-BEAM(24) attack from Arashi with a DODGE…44
COMBAT: Shifty defends against DRAINING-METAL-IVY(59) attack from Michiko with a WATER-ENCAMPMENT-WALL…61
COMBAT: Shifty defends against DRAINING-METAL-IVY(68) attack from Michiko with a WATER-ENCAMPMENT-WALL…52
COMBAT: Shifty loses the roll and sustains 1506 damage.
COMBAT: Shifty defends against HOWLING-WIND(48) attack from Hanami with a DODGE…39
COMBAT: Shifty loses the roll and sustains 249 damage.
COMBAT: Shifty defends against MACROBURST(30) attack from Hanami with a DODGE…31
COMBAT: Shifty defends against FANG-ROTATING-FANG(78) attack from Hige with a WATER-ENCAMPMENT-WALL…63
COMBAT: Shifty loses the roll and sustains 1519 damage.

As another flurry comes, one of the cloaked men on the water puts up a dense enough shield of water that he is spared from harm… The other one is nowhere near that luck and is sliced and dice by Hiei and then caught in Michiko's metal web just in time to be obliterated by Hige and Konsho's rotating attack. The one behind the remaining water wall peers down at the one who just got obliterated and literally just shrugs his shoulders before vanishing down into the depths of the sea to disappear. Left beaten and battered upon the surface of the water, the one that was left behind looks up to where the other was, coughing up some blood from his hood onto the water. "… Altostratus," he growls as he realizes he's basically been left for dead on the perilous seas they created themselves. "Still… you guys are idiots," he says as he looks up at the shinobi, managing to lift a hand to pull back his hood and reveal striking blue hair and eyes with a tattoo under his left eye of the kanji for 'Storm Brigade'. "… If you really think the three guys that got told to stay behind actually did this by themselves…" A dark smirk rests on his face as he stares them down, knowing what's coming to him is most likely a rather vicious death.
Meanwhile back on the island, the other guy has screwed around with the rescue team just a bit too much and managed to get himself caught and held down by a wind jutsu. "Oh, son of a… I really should've just killed you squirts and moved on." While the other one only spoke in impending death, this one seems to just be cussing at himself.

COMBAT: Hiei defends against HIDING-IN-WATER-TECHNIQUE(89) attack from Shifty with a PERCEPTION-III…61

Hiei shakes his head. "Nah, I'm sure there's more to this than I'm seeing. But my goal is just to stop you long enough for my other team to get the people off this island. That, and you've precipitated me off. So I'm going to take your life." He holds his swords out to the side before he takes a single step forwards and then vanishes. Multiple versions of him circle around the hooded figure as it looks like he's everywhere and nowhere all at once.

Arashi didn't think these were guys worth keeping alive. After their threats as well it just reinforces the fact. There were probably more to go around anyways if they wanted prisoners so he would go all out to hit this guy once again. He would charge up his chakra to release two more laser beams at the guy stuck on the ground. Whether they hit or not he would ask Hanami something. "Everyone up on that hill still okay?"

COMBAT: Michiko defends against HIDING-IN-WATER-TECHNIQUE(79) attack from Shifty with a TENSE…9
COMBAT: Michiko successfully interrupts attack number 1: SWALLOW-RETURN from Hiei against Shifty with a roll of 101 vs 90.
COMBAT: Michiko defends against SWALLOW-RETURN(90) attack from Hiei with a METAL-DOME…84
COMBAT: Shifty sustains 947 damage.
COMBAT: Michiko heals Shifty for 1248 with RAPID HEALING.
RPCOMBAT: Michiko defends against with a BODY-FLICKER-TECHNIQUE…64

Michiko doesn't really notice the man that's escaping in the tide. He's not on the earth, and she isn't actually looking at the water. Instead, she's eyeing Hiei. She's still close enough to hear parts of the exchange, and it /sounds/ like this guy has some more information that she would very much like to have for later. The girl makes a few handseals, and some, but not all, of Hiei's strikes would ring out against metal, as the girl protected the man. Then she appears near him, hand on his body to heal the wounds that recently appeared on his body thanks to Hiei. Though she isn't looking at the man. Her brown eyes are on Hiei, and she's looking furious.
"Hiei-san, we are taking this man into custody," she says in an even tone. She knew very well that Hiei's strikes, despite the fact that he was holding back, would have killed the person. "If you attack him any more, he will die, and we will have no information on this threat. I'm /not/ letting another source of information slip by me just because you continue to neglect holding back." It infuriated her that she was unable to learn about her enemies, and the few that she was able to question, they knew little. Especially in terms of the one group involving every clan you could possibly name.

RPCOMBAT: Hanami defends against with a AIR-CURRENTS…33
RPCOMBAT: Hanami defends against with a CHAKRA-SENSITIVITY…31

Hanami sighs, watching the man curse himself. She was about to ask him about his group's goals in trying to sink the island, but Arashi blasts him and she jumps back to keep out of the blast. "We could've used some information, who knows what's going on with the rest…" If it seems the guy might still be alive she'll check, but otherwise she'll just turn her attention toward the hill to see what she can sense on the turbulent winds.

COMBAT: Ryouji defends against HIDING-IN-WATER-TECHNIQUE(87) attack from Shifty with a CHAKRA-SENSITIVITY…36

Reason wins out, Ryouji drops the chakra building in his hand and the water floods in around him. He choaks out some bubbles as he thrashes in the wild currents for a moment until he finds his rhythem and begins to swim to the surface. His head pops out of the surface and spits out a long stream of water. "Did we win?"

COMBAT: Hige defends against HIDING-IN-WATER-TECHNIQUE(79) attack from Shifty with a INUZUKA-SENSES-II…67

Hige and Konsho finish with the one man and look after the other that vanishes into the water, the boy letting out a low, beastial growl as he vanishes from sight. Hige isn't doing all that great himself with a number of burns and internal injuries, but then again he's never let that stop him. Even Konsho doesn't look all that great. Hige looks back to see what else is going on but it seems things are, in a sense, calming down.

COMBAT: Shifty defends against LASER-BEAM(29) attack from Arashi with a TENSE…9
COMBAT: Shifty loses the roll and sustains 742 damage.
COMBAT: Shifty defends against LASER-BEAM(28) attack from Arashi with a DODGE-II…29

"I'm sure you are… Because information is the currency of war… And you prefer to stay broke," the blue-haired man says with a chuckle just before his body is pierced time and again to leave him dead… or at least that's what he THOUGHT was about to happen before his body is surrounded by metal that severely dampens the strike of the sword that he expected to kill him. "… Cirrostratus. The hothead has someone with a brain in his corner," he grumbles as he coughs up more blood and collapses down inside the metal ball that is now his prison. "At least make sure you give me a decent air hair if I have to go back in this thing…"
Meanwhile back on the island, the rescue team seems to be perhaps overestimating exactly how much damage has been done to their opponent versus how much he's been screwing around. When the first beam hits him, he seems to literally go flying as he lets out a howl, "AHHHHHH!" before he hits the water and goes under. Whether he's actually dead or running away too is hard to be see as he vanishes into the depths… This is far from over, BUT Kumo has an edge that the others didn't count on when they abandoned their other member to die. He was kept alive to get information from, and there's actually enough left of the ship that they can make a makeshift transport that'll be good enough to get back home since the storm is at least starting to dissipate because the Storm Brigade, whoever they are, hhave fled the scene.

Hiei appears next to Michiko after pulling his sword out of the metal dome. "I have the situation well in hand, and I don't need or want your input. We only need to keep one of them alive, and you heard him. There are more." He flexes his grip on his sword and cants his head forwards. "The last time I checked, you worked for me. The next time you make a demand of me, you'd better be ready to deal with the consequences." He narrows his gaze. "Your actions are treasonous. Aiding and protecting an enemy of Kumogakure." He walks towards the man anyway. "I have every right to relieve you of your station and strip you of your title. Lock you up in chains and have you executed. At the very least, bust your cirrocumulus back to Genin." He looks down at the man. "But I won't. Perhaps you did right and my judgement was clouded by my own sense of justice." His shoulders relax as he deals with his own emotions. "Box him up. Check on the other team to see if they've evacuated any of the civilians. Perhaps there is at least ONE shinobi in all of Kumo who can actually follow orders." His eyes bare down on Michiko. "Rest assured you and I will have a conversation about this later. If there is a later." Which is odd, since he only has a bruise on his upper shoulder from where the water impacted him. He comments to Ryouji. "We haven't won. Not until we get the people off this island. I need to check on the status of the boat." He turns and begins to walk back towards where the boat was anchored. He doesn't drop his technique, nor does he sheathe his blade. This is not over just yet. "Instead of healing the enemy, why don't you heal the shinobi you actually fought by your side." He motions to Hige and Konsho as he walks past. He's still accumulated, but he shoves it to the back burner for now. He would address it once they were back in the village. In private. He growls under his breath. "Ogosokamaru-sensei never had to deal with this stratocumulus. He told me to eliminate my target and that's what I did…."

Arashi would have to ignore the one man for now. They didn't have time to check if he was dead, or not. They had to make sure the others were alive. He would start heading that way, and if Hanami warns him of threats he would be ready this time. Otherwise they would get the group together, and all move back to the boat. The storm seemed to be clearing so it shouldn't be a challenge to move them all now. When they would come into view of the ship it would be wrecked pretty badly, but it seemed to be able to move if they could at least repair some minor damages.

Michiko listens to Hiei, face unchanging as she listens to his threat. To banish her; to strip her of her rank; to lock her up. The girl didn't react for the time being, though she was still tense as Hiei's gaze was locked on her. "I expect nothing less, Hiei-san," she says evenly, giving a light bow. The man within the dome would find himself bound in such a way that no handseals could be made, though whether or not he's conscious is another matter. Michiko would probably have to lug him around… The girl takes a moment to look around and she spots Hige.

"Hige-kun," she greets, already reaching to heal some of his injuries. A wave of healing chakra and energy would flood through his body as she says, "If you and Konsho-kun don't mind, there's a prisoner over there that needs to be retrieved. Maybe keep him away from Hiei-san just in case." Provided that Hige accepts the task, she would disappear in moments to find Arashi, Hanami, and Furoo so she could check on their status, as well as the civilians.

COMBAT: Michiko heals Hige for 1226 with RESTORING CHAKRA PALM.

Hige had returned to standing on two legs as he watched the interaction between Hiei and Michiko silently. When Michiko approached he would give her a wane smile before nodding a thanks to the healing as well as in response to her request. "Sure, we'll take care of it," he says, moving off towards the captive and, once he's freed from the metal ball, binding him and taking him back aboard whatever is left of the ship.

GAME: You have voted for Shuuren

Hanami watches the man be blasted away and vanish. She kicks a rock, "I got nothing up ahead so lets assume we're good and actually get the evac going then since that guy is either dead or long gone. As long as you're good to go." Clearly he is and Hanami keeps pace easily enough. She'll keep her senses open but otherwise heads to the people, letting Michiko know what's up on their end if she follows along.

RPCOMBAT: Hanami defends against with a AIR-CURRENTS…22
RPCOMBAT: Hanami defends against with a CHAKRA-SENSITIVITY…37

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License